Tell Us Your "Why I Need a New Bike" Story and You Could Win!
Update! Until Sunday May 31, 2015 we're accepting your story applications of why you are the one who really needs one of these two beautiful, Electra Bikes. On the left Single Mom Lifestyle Expert Kerri Zane models the Electra Cherry Cruiser and on the right Communications Executive and Pro Cyclist Jennifer Tetrick models the Electra Amsterdam City Bike. Images by Allan Crawford. Styling by Cradelle White.
We're looking for the most inspiring creative story!
What You Can Submit to Possibly Win:
- You can write a short blog with pictures (not more than 500 words)
- You can create a short video (maximum two minutes long - please have it uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo and share the link)
- You can create a series of Tweets and put it together on Storify to submit
- Create a short five minute podcast, share it on soundcloud (free!) and send us the link
- Or maybe you have another great idea. Run it by us! We might say yes. Send us a note: Melissa@pedallove.org
- The submission form is at the bottom of this page.
Applications will be judged on their creativity, personal engagement and how much you really need a bike for transportation, errands and exercise. Note: both bikes were used in a fashion show and photo shoot in 2012 and have been in storage since. They are like new.
Terms and conditions: You must be 18 to enter the contest. You must be a resident of Southern California. You must be able to come to Long Beach within the end of June 2015 to pick up the bike and have the ability to ride it, ship it etc. to your home (we cannot cover those costs) or the bike will be granted to our next runner up. We will announce the winners on Friday June 5th, 2015. By submitting an application you understand that your blog, images, videos etc. may be posted on our website, promoted in social media and shared with the media. If you win one of the bikes your winning application will absolutely be shared on our website, social media and possibly the media.
This contest is in collaboration with the beautiful "Made Long Beach" local handcrafted gift gallery at 236 Pine Ave. in Long Beach which features the popular handmade Bike Local bike boxes of Rashad Captan. You can visit the bikes there and that's where the winners will need to pick up the bikes by June 30th!
The contest is open thru Sunday 31st, 2015 at midnight. Please:
- Fill out the application below. Incomplete submission forms will not be judged
- Submit your blog as an attached word document or a Google document with a public link + photos as jpegs or pngs, for a video send us the public link from youtube or vimeo, for a Twitter feed with images please send us your public link to Storify. Please submit everything to Melissa@pedallove.org. Incomplete submission forms will not be included in the judging.
- If you have an idea you want us to consider that isn't included above please send a request to Melissa@pedallove.org prior to the contest deadline.