Tuesday April 24, 9:30 to 10:15 am Pacific Time
This is a live webinar presentation. Yes you will be able to ask questions and Melissa will stay online until 10:30 to make sure you get your questions answered.
Social Media is one of the most powerful, low cost tools to both amplify important conversations and successfully engage key media.
It has been a key strategic tool in raising awareness for the #WomensMarch, the #MeToo and #NeverAgain movements.
However, to flourish you need a smart, cost-effective, visually and emotionally alluring storytelling approach to engage hearts and minds.
This class is for individuals, organizations and brands seeking effective ways to successfully elevate your voice as a thought leader and create a far more influential and authentically engaging presence.
Our focus will be on Twitter and Instagram as the two "non-mutual" follow social media platforms that allow you to more easily connect with new audiences AND email newsletters (still so valuable).
In this powerful class Melissa and Andrea break it down for you - whether you're a newbie to Twitter, or you're ready to take your organization's Twitter to the next level.
Why Social Media Matters
- It's a great way to find new audiences for your products + services
- It's a key resource for building your story and brand as a thought leader
- It's where the journalists are
- The media relies on social media's subcultures as a media source
Building A Powerful Thought Leadership Platform
- Listen - create your own very focused, very powerful news feed
- Learn - discover which influencers you'd like to be seen and heard among.
- Love - be generous. Retweet + repost to your fans and followers who and what is inspiring you
Cost Effective Branding Tools & Tactics
- Visual allure is essential - how to do this even when you don't take great pics or know how to use a graphic design program
- How to easily schedule your social media for greater impact
- How to measure your results
Yes there will be time for you to ask specific questions!
What You'll Walk Away With
- Clear, easy actionable items to do in the next 30 days to measurably increase your influence and impact
- How to position yourself &/or your brand as a thought leader in influential conversations - including with the media
- Visual and written storytelling tactics to move beyond promotion to the the power of true engagement
- PDF of the presentations + class notes
- Recording of the class via Youtube
- The journalists, change agents and influencers you need to know
- Bonus Gift: Melissa's digital "Storytelling Toolkit - Finding the Heart of Your Story"
Melissa is a writer, artist and traditional/social media relations specialist. She is the Founder and Director of PedalLove.org. She has placed Pedal Love, its creative team, and the California Bicycle Coalition in media outlets such as the Associated Press, Bicycling Magazine, Bloomberg News, Cosmopolitan Magazine, PRI's Living on Earth, the Texas Standard, Sierra Club Magazine, and more.
Melissa has hosted special events and projects for Bike Long Beach, the Pro Walk/Pro Bike: Pro Place conference 2012, Metro Los Angeles, Tempo Bicycles, the Electric Bike Association, and the Vision Zero Network. As of early 2018 she began writing for the UK's Cycling Industry News.
Andrea is a Twitter influencer and climate action communications strategist passionate about elevating the opportunity of #bikes4climate change from the advocacy, industry and planning levels. She consults with individuals, brands and organizations to help them develop authentic thought leadership and thriving digital platforms.
She enjoyed an early career in writing and consulting on marketing to women – during which time she also co-authored the book Don’t Think Pink. This led to her taking a deeper look at who leads in business and how they tell their stories or build their networks of impact. Learn more about her here: https://learnedon.com/about/
Our promotional sponsor: