Pedal Love's Media Strategy Webinars
Our Director Melissa Balmer has been in media relations for over a decade. In the past few years she's been able to place bike-love stories and bike-love imagery in over 25 newspapers, TV stations, national magazines as well as blogs and other new media outlets. Now she wants to coach you and give you the tools to create your own winning media strategy - whether you're an active living advocate, bike entrepreneur, NGO or creative - in smart and cost effective ways.
In this webinar you'll learn:
- Why the media? We'll take a look at some inspiring numbers for audience growth
- Which social media and traditional media platforms are right for you
- How to produce eye-catching images by better collaborating with creatives
- How to write and distribute catchy, complete press releases
- How to develop the right relationships in the media for ongoing coverage
Nothing warms up a city council meeting, board meeting, sales meeting or speaking event like a recent positive media story about your organization. Both traditional and social media offer the opportunity to reach much much larger audiences than your own network does. Save advertising money and we'll help you tell your story. Ready? Sign up for our two webinars below:
Media Love 1.0 - One Hour Webinar - Special Introductory Rate!
- Wednesday June 11th lunch time class from 12:30 to 1:30 pm (Pacific Coast Time) $35 per person - register online here: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA56D881814E3B*
- Thursday June 19th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (Pacific Coast time) $35 per person - register online here: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EA56D780824830
*You'll also receive a 15% discount on July's upcoming Media Love 2.0 webinars and Pedal Love's media list which will be available for sale at the end of July.
Media Love 2.0 - One Hour Webinar - Special Introductory Rate!
Wednesday July 23rd lunch time class from 12:30 to 1:30 pm (Pacific Coast Time) $35 per person - online registration coming soon!
A writer, media relations specialist and speaker Melissa Balmer's personal mission is to bring the connecting power of beauty, style and personally engaging storytelling to showcase the bike as a tool for optimism. In the past two years Melissa has placed the Women on Bikes California initiative, our events and our creative team members in American Bicyclist, Apparel News, Atlantic Cities, Bicycling Magazine, Bicycling Retailer, CNN Blogs, Gizmondo.com, KABC News, KCAL 9 News, KPFK, LA Observed, Los Angeles Magazine, Momentum Magazine, Sacramento Bee, San Francisco Chronicle, SFGate.com and more.
Melissa was an original member for the national Women Bike program advisory board of the League of the American Bicyclists, and continues to serve on its Marketing & Media committee. In 2012 she was the media and event coordinator for the Pro Walk/Pro Bike: Pro Place conference. In 2013 she coordinated the vintage bike events for BikeFest in Long Beach, "Know Your Neighborhood by Bike" tours for Bike Long Beach, and was the Summit Coordinator for the Nov 2013 California by Bike Summit. Melissa has lived car free in Long Beach California since 2007.