In Media Love 101 Melissa Balmer will give you the basic tools and skills to successfully start or refresh your own media outreach skills including:
- How to write and distribute a winning press release
- Creating a strong media list that works for your organization
- Understanding the media's timelines
- Setting up an engaging "news" or "media" room
- Creating appealing phone and in person story pitches
- Supporting your media outreach with smart social media outreach
- Building a strong local media base before branching out
This class if free for affiliates and members of the California Bicycle Coalition and Women on Bikes California/PedalLove.org. To register please go to: http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=EB53DE87834C30
To officially subscribe to PedalLove.org for just $12 please go to: http://www.pedallove.org/help-us-build-the-pedal-love-media-guide/ to become a member of the California Bicycle Coalition please to go Calbike.org.
Melissa Balmer is the Executive Director of Women on Bikes California/Pedallove.org and Media Director for the California Bicycle Coalition. She has placed Pedal Love/Women on Bikes California, its creative team, and CalBike in the Associated Press, Bicycling Magazine, Bicycling Retailer, CNN Blogs, NPR stations KPCC, KCRW and KQED, television news KABC News, KCAL 9 News, KCRA/NBC, the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Magazine, Momentum Magazine, the Sacramento Bee, the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Jose Mercury News, and more. She serves on the Marketing & Media committee for the Women Bike program of the League of American Bicyclists.